Online tickets will go on sale at 9 am on Monday, November 23rd at www.vrespecialevents.org. Please go to www.vrespecialevents.org to purchase tickets online and for schedules and additional information.
Every year just before Christmas, kids and their parents are given the opportunity to ride a train and meet Santa and Mrs. Claus, who are on board VRE trains to promote rail safety and Operation Lifesaver’s “Look, Listen and Live” campaign. There will be plenty of Santa’s helpers joining in handing out candy canes and coloring books, along with high school choral groups and other festivity-makers.
We know it has been a long wait (as some of you have been anxious about Santa Trains since May), but information on the ever popular Operation Lifesaver Santa Trains is finally here!
Again, the event, taking place on Saturday, December 12th uses this opportunity to remind people of the importance of rail safety. So remember, that this event is not just for fun, but it also has a serious and important message: "Look, listen and live!" from Operation Lifesaver.
In addition, Operation Lifesaver Santa Trains also work in conjunction with the Marine Corps Toys for Tots. So on December 12th, our Fredericksburg, Manassas, Burke Centre, and Woodbridge stations will be drop off sites for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots Campaign. We are, therefore, encouraging everyone to bring a toy to the Santa Trains so that someone less fortunate in the Virginia area can share in the joys of the holidays.
- Tickets for the Santa Trains will go on sale Monday, November 23rd, at 9am. Half of the tickets will be sold at ticket outlets and the other half will be sold online. Tickets cannot be reserved or sold in advance.
- Santa Train Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable A portion
- Tickets are $5.00 at the outlets and, $6 on-line, with net proceeds benefiting Operation Lifesaver. Payment at the ticket outlets may be made with cash or check, payable to VRE. Online purchases can be made with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) or with a pre-existing PayPal account.
- Online tickets will go on sale at 9am on Monday, November 23rd at www.vrespecialevents.org. Please go to www.vrespecialevents.org to purchase tickets online and for additional information.
- All passengers, regardless of age, must have tickets. Regular VRE tickets will NOT be honored for this special event. Tickets will not be sold at the station the day of the event and must be purchased in advance.
- Tickets for each station will only be sold at one location (except online sales which will have a limited number of tickets for each train).
- Ticket sales are limited to 6 per person for most trains.
- All online tickets will be MAILED to the address provided in PayPal.
- For online purchases, any person attempting to purchase more than 6 tickets for specific trains will have their ENTIRE ORDER REFUNDED, thus not receiving any tickets. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Each train will be an excursion - passengers will return to the same station they begin from.