VRE offers advertising opportunities in our onboard and digital publication, RIDE. This award-winning magazine, written exclusively for VRE riders and our surrounding community, is an opportunity to reach a very high-end, coveted demographic right where they commute.
VRE carries over 19,000 passengers every work day. Our surveys tell us that 69 percent of our riders are government or military employees, and 63 percent of our riders have an annual household income of over $100,000. RIDE is distributed on the train and at VRE ticket vendor locations, as well as posted on www.vre.org.
RIDE generates rave reviews from our passengers and high readership. Our riders like the concise, targeted information.
If you are interested in advertising either on a one-time or on-going basis, please review the rates, deadlines and guidelines below. Then, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 838-5417 for more information and availability.
|Size||OPEN RATE||x3 ISSUES||x7 ISSUES||x11 ISSUES|
|TWO PAGE SPREAD||$3,200||$3,100||$3,000||$2,800|
Insertion Order & Artwork Deadlines
Insertion Orders are due the second to last Friday of the month, two months prior to an issue date.
Ad artwork is due the last Friday of the month, two months prior to an issue date.
Digital File Requirements
ACCEPTED FILE FORMATS: PDF/X-la, embedded artwork should be 300 dpi at 100 percent size. High-resolution TIFF or JPG files, 300 dpi at 100 percent size. (Note: No layered files will be accepted.)
Bleed ...................................... 17.5" x 11.5" Live........................................ 17" x 11"
Bleed ...................................... 9" x 11.5" Live........................................ 8.5" x 11"
All Partial Ads are non-bleed
2/3 Page VERTICAL. .......... 4.9" x 9.6"
1/2 Page HORIZONTAL ... 7.5" x 4.75"
1/2 Page VERTICAL. .......... 3.65" x 9.6"
1/3 Page VERTICAL ........... 2.4" x 9.6"
1/3 Page SQUARE ............... 4.9" x 4.75"
1/4 Page ................................. 3.65" x 4.75"
To submit your advertising file(s) to VRE's RIDE Magazine, please email completed advertising files, along with contact information, issue date or insertion order, advertiser name and agency name to: Cindy King at email@example.com
QUESTIONS? For inquiries about advertising in the publication or questions about the digital requirements, please contact: Cindy King at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 703.838.5417
- Please convert all RGB images and spot colors to CMYK.
- Ads created in an unacceptable format cannot be accepted and will need to be resubmitted or recreated.
- All ads submitted should be suitable to print as is. RIDE Magazine cannot be responsible for any errors in content.
- If files are prepared improperly and mechanical requirements are not met, RIDE Magazine cannot guarantee the reproduction of the ad.
- RIDE Magazine cannot be responsible for PDF files prepared incorrectly.
VRE will only accept ads that conform to our advertising guidelines. Ads will be placed on a first come-first served basis. It is best to reserve ad space in advance.
Contract and Copy Regulations
The advertiser agrees to indemnify VRE against any claims or expenses resulting from the unauthorized use of name, photograph, sketch or words protected by the copyright or registered trademarks, label and others in connection with his or her advertising.
All cancellations must be made in writing and must be received two weeks prior to publication.
The following guidelines have been adopted by VRE and must be adhered to.
- All advertising should reflect a high level of good taste and decency in copy and art.
- All advertising should be truthful and comply with the spirit and the letter of all applicable laws and regulations of the various jurisdictions into which it is introduced. All copy and art should avoid conveying false, derisive, exaggerated, distorted, deceptive or offensive impressions.
- Advertising promoting contests should ensure the contest is being conducted with fairness to all entrants and complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Testimonials should be authentic and should honestly reflect the response of the person making them.
- Medical products or treatments should be presented in an inoffensive manner.
- Advertisement of Tobacco and Alcohol Products are prohibited.
- Advertisers should take special care to avoid illustrations or references that disregard normal safety precautions.
- Advertising offering premiums or gifts should avoid representations that would enlarge the value of the item in the minds of the viewers.
- Use of graphics or representations including “VRE” family of names in advertising is subject to prior approval by VRE.
- No implied or declared endorsement of any product or service by VRE is permitted.
- VRE reserves the right to reject or remove any advertising which it deems inappropriate or not in the public interest. To the extent permitted by law, VRE will indemnify the advertising franchisee for claims arising out of VRE’s exercise of this right.
- Items that might be objectionable to a substantial segment of the community should be avoided. For example, advertising depicting or referring to undesirable social behavior or which might be offensive because of racial or religious references should be avoided.
- All advertisements that involve monies (fundraising, admission fees, donations or other methods of compensation) must clearly identify the nature of the appeal (e.g.; if donations are to be sought, whether the collection will be voluntary or if the donation is a required admission fee, must be explained).
- VRE assumes no liability for ad errors or content.
- The advertising franchisee must use discretion when accepting materials for display or soliciting potential advertisers to ensure that no materials are displayed which are obscene, libelous or which present a clear and present danger of causing riot, disorder or other immediate threat to public safety, peace or order.
- Complaints received by VRE about any advertisement, excluding complaints about VRE’s own self or co-op promotions, will be directed to the advertising franchisee for immediate response. Copies of the advertising franchisee’s response will be sent to VRE’s Customer Service Manager.
- The VRE will not allow advertising which casts public transportation in a negative light, is otherwise contrary to VRE’s mission statement, or which might result in public criticism of transportation advertising.
- All advertisements or promotions undertaken by the advertising franchisee to promote VRE or VRE transit advertising shall receive written approval by VRE’s Customer Service Manager.
- All publicity releases or releases of reports, papers, articles, maps or other documents in any way concerning the Contract which the advertising franchisee or any of its subcontractors desire to make for purposes of publication or airing in whole or in part, shall be subject to written approval by VRE’s Customer Service Manager prior to release.
- Any advertising material that does not meet the criteria specified above, in the sole discretion of VRE’s Chief Executive Officer or his authorized representative, shall not be used or will immediately be removed from VRE railcars or stations by the advertising franchisee at its own expense.
Check out additional VRE Advertising Opportunities.