Remembering the Golden Rule - Keeping Courtesy Alive and Well on VRE Trains
- Use just one seat per person; your stuff goes in the storage bins or in your lap.
- Drippy umbrellas and boots belong firmly on the floor.
- Cell phone conversations are best kept short and quiet—or not at all if you’re riding in the Quiet Car.
- Personal grooming is easier done at home.
- Bring your food containers, newspapers and other unmentionables off the train with you.
- Eagerness is a good trait, unless it blocks others from detraining. Please, don’t queue.
- Strike your matches and blow your smoke in designated smoking areas only.
- Watch your back[pack]. Bonking people on the head and shoulders as you make your way down the aisle is a bummer.
- Everyone wants to get home just as badly as you do; please drive safely in our parking lots and watch out for pedestrians.
Being courteous and respectful of other riders doesn’t take much effort, but it makes everyone’s ride much more enjoyable. Try it. You’ll like it!