Recent Blog Posts
Yes, it's true. VRE will not have Wi-Fi available until cell phone towers are put in place all along the route so that riders have 100% connectivity. We do not want our passengers to experience a service that might be more of an inconvenience than a convenience.
Sometimes during the ride, however, you undoubtably wish your laptop had an Internet connection. So, what's a good workaround when you're in a pinch for a connection? USB tethering may fit the bill.
Tethering allows you to use a phone's mobile data to access the Internet on a laptop. Depending on your mobile provider, there may be a flat fee for tethering a laptop to your phone. Check with your provider if you're concerned about added costs.
The process for setting up USB tethering on newer devices is fairly standard:
- Connect your phone to your laptop with a USB cable. For many Android phones, you will need a USB-to-Micro USB cable. You will need a lightning cable for an Apple phone.
- Go to your phone's settings. Then, access your Wi-Fi/ Network settings. Then ...
- For Android, select Settings, tap More Networks and then Tethering.
- For iOS, select Settings, and choose Personal Hotspot.
- For Android, select the checkbox for USB Tethering to enable it. For iOS, toggle the Personal Hotspot option.
- Check your Network Settings on your laptop. In the available networks, you should see "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device," or the name of your phone.
Now try accessing the Internet on your laptop. If you need to troubleshoot, start by updating the operating systems on your phone and laptop to the latest versions. Also try a different USB cable or port.
Remember – as is the reason we do not offer Wi-Fi – cell signals along our route vary and will impact your ability to connect to the Internet in some areas.
- Mobile Ticket and Ticket Machine FAQs
Have questions or issues with either mobile tickets or tickets from our vending machines? Here are some of the more frequent questions we get from riders with our responses:
- VRE and Security
VRE's security strategy takes a system wide approach and considers the following as our security assets: passengers, train crews, VRE staff, law enforcement partners, host railroads, special programs and community.
- VRE's Ticket Exchange Policy
Ten-Trip, Five-Day, Round-Trip, Step-Up and Single-Ride Tickets are non-refundable. However, in some cases, we can make exchanges.
- VRE Onboard Bicycle Policy
Bicycles are sometimes a point of contention onboard our trains. On one hand some think that we don't allow enough bicycles. Unfortunately, due to heavy crowding there is simply no room at this time to provide enough space for full sized bicycles on most of our trains.