Recent Blog Posts
Yes, it's true. VRE will not have Wi-Fi available until cell phone towers are put in place all along the route so that riders have 100% connectivity. We do not want our passengers to experience a service that might be more of an inconvenience than a convenience.
Sometimes during the ride, however, you undoubtably wish your laptop had an Internet connection. So, what's a good workaround when you're in a pinch for a connection? USB tethering may fit the bill.
Tethering allows you to use a phone's mobile data to access the Internet on a laptop. Depending on your mobile provider, there may be a flat fee for tethering a laptop to your phone. Check with your provider if you're concerned about added costs.
The process for setting up USB tethering on newer devices is fairly standard:
- Connect your phone to your laptop with a USB cable. For many Android phones, you will need a USB-to-Micro USB cable. You will need a lightning cable for an Apple phone.
- Go to your phone's settings. Then, access your Wi-Fi/ Network settings. Then ...
- For Android, select Settings, tap More Networks and then Tethering.
- For iOS, select Settings, and choose Personal Hotspot.
- For Android, select the checkbox for USB Tethering to enable it. For iOS, toggle the Personal Hotspot option.
- Check your Network Settings on your laptop. In the available networks, you should see "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device," or the name of your phone.
Now try accessing the Internet on your laptop. If you need to troubleshoot, start by updating the operating systems on your phone and laptop to the latest versions. Also try a different USB cable or port.
Remember – as is the reason we do not offer Wi-Fi – cell signals along our route vary and will impact your ability to connect to the Internet in some areas.
- Rider Responsibilities
Even with the extra precautionary steps taken by our teams to defeat the spread of the virus, we all need VRE passengers to comply with these guidelines to be as successful as possible.
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
VRE railcars are disinfected twice a day, after morning and evening service, with special attention given to frequently touched surfaces.
- More on Social Distancing
VRE is committed to social distancing to the extent possible. Under our current plan, roughly a third of our seats are available to passengers.
- What to Expect in the Coming Weeks
Throughout June, we'll be installing graphics to make social distancing on our trains and at our stations as simple as possible. Plus, we will make hand sanitizer available to our riders.
- Seasonal Schedule
The seasonal schedule will be effective the first service day after Memorial Day through the last service day prior to Labor Day. The schedule on our website will be updated prior to when service resumes after Memorial Day. Look for updated pocket schedules onboard the trains and posters at the stations.