The Operations Board consists of representatives from the nine member jurisdictions that support VRE, and from the Commonwealth of Virginia. The member jurisdictions are Spotsylvania County, City of Fredericksburg, Stafford County, Prince William County, City of Manassas, City of Manassas Park, Fairfax County, Arlington County, and the City of Alexandria.
Serving as the advisory body to the NVTC and PRTC commissioners, the Operations Board is responsible for making recommendations to the commissions with respect to VRE's management, financing, and acquisition of property.
For a full schedule of VRE Operations Board and committee meetings, please see our 2019 VRE Operations Board Calendar.
*THE DATE FOR THE APRIL OPERATIONS BOARD MEETING HAS BEEN CHANGED.TO APRIL 12th.
For Operations Board Agendas and Meeting minutes, visit our Operation's Board Meeting Information page.
Public Comment Procedures
Interested in sharing your opinion during a board meeting? The VRE Operations Board meets on the third Friday of each month, with the exception of July when there is no meeting. Meetings are held at the Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission which is located at 14700 Potomac Mills Road in Woodbridge, Virginia. This location is transit accessible. Information can be found at www.omniride.com. Parking is also available at no charge.
All VRE Operations Board meetings are open to the public, and a public comment period is included on every agenda. Pre-registration is not required.
At the meeting, the Operations Board Chairman will ask if anyone in the audience wishes to address the Board. At that time, any interested parties may step forward to the podium. Speakers must state their name and address for the record and will be provided three (3) minutes to speak.
If the speaker has a written statement that they would like distributed to the Operations Board, fifteen (15) copies should be provided to VRE staff prior to the start of the meeting for distribution. Mounted materials such as maps, graphs, blueprints as well as small three-dimensional objects are allowed. Audio-visual equipment is not available for public use.
- The Honorable Katie Cristol- Chair
- The Honorable Gary Skinner - Vice-Chair
- The Honorable John Cook- Secretary
- The Honorable Jeanine Lawson - Treasurer
- The Honorable Preston Banks
- The Honorable Elizabeth Bennett-Parker
- The Honorable Sharon Bulova
- The Honorable Maureen Caddigan
- The Honorable Mark Dudenhefer
- The Honorable Matthew Kelly
- The Honorable Wendy Maurer
- The Honorable Martin E. Nohe
- The Honorable Pamela Sebesky
- Jennifer Mitchell- VDRPT
- The Honorable Canek Aguirre
- The Honorable Ruth Anderson
- The Honorable Victor S. Angry
- The Honorable Pete Candland
- The Honorable Jack Cavalier
- The Honorable Hector Cendejas
- The Honorable Libby Garvey
- The Honorable Jason Graham
- Michael McLaughlin - VDRPT
- The Honorable Jeff McKay
- The Honorable Cindy Shelton
- The Honorable Paul Trampe
- The Honorable Mark Wolfe
- Steve MacIsaac - VRE Counsel
- Kate Mattice - Executive Director NVTC
- Dr. Bob Schneider - Executive Director PRTC