Emergency at a Railroad Crossing


Emergency at a Railroad Crossing? Look for the Blue ENS Sign.


EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM (ENS) SIGNS: This is the first phone number to call if a vehicle is stuck or stalls on the tracks. Use the ENS to report people, vehicles or debris on the tracks, damaged signs or signals and obstructed views.

If your vehicle is stuck on the tracks or you observe a dangerous situation at a crossing:

  • Get to a safe location
  • Then call the number on the blue and white ENS sign.