Fredericksburg Parking Information
City Decal/Parking Permit information
No decal is required for residential parking within the City of Fredericksburg. A decal will still be available to residents who wish to have the city identification on their cars, and for residents needing to park in areas during restricted hours as indicated by signs stating “No Parking 5:00 am to 8:00 am except residents”. City residents desiring to use the city-only VRE parking lot MUST display the City decal, and others may wish to keep the decal for easier access to the Belman Road recycling center. For information on how to obtain a decal from the City of Fredericksburg visit www.fredericksburgva.gov.
Parking is free in the marked Virginia Railway Express Lots. Currently there are a total of 810 parking spaces at the Fredericksburg station.
There are 684 spaces available for all VRE passengers:
- Lot A located on 100 Lafayette Boulevard: 23 spaces available for all commuters
- Lot C located on 400 Charles Street: 30 spaces available for all commuters
- Lot E located on 406-408 Lafayette Blvd: 39 spaces available for all commuters
- Lot G located on Prince Edward Street: 250 spaces available for all commuters
- Lot H located on 200 Prince Edward Street (entrance is through Lot G): 127 spaces available for all commuters
- Gravel lot located on Prince Edward Street: approximately 215 spaces for all commuters
There are 124 spaces reserved for either City of Fredericksburg residents or residents from member jurisdictions:
- Lot B located on Caroline Street: 107 spaces reserved for City of Fredericksburg residents only.
- Lot D located on 406-408 Princess Anne Street: 17 spaces reserved for residents from member jurisdictions (Cities of Alexandria, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park and Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William, Spotsylvania and Stafford) only. This lot also has reserved space that can accommodate 17 motorcycles.
As of July 2016, parking was at 47% capacity.
While local police departments randomly perform checks in our lots, parking is at your own risk. Overnight parking is not permitted in Lots A and E.
Click here to view a map of the Fredericksburg Parking Lots