The Virginia Railway Express (VRE), a rapidly growing commuter rail operation connecting Washington, DC with Northern Virginia and surrounding counties, is in need of an experienced professional who will perform various financial accounting activities, to include performing the day-to-day review, analysis, grant reimbursement processing (accounts receivable), creating and entering of grant revenue and receivable journal entries, monthly and annual general ledger account review and reconciliation and general grant activity tracking.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field in addition to five (5) years of professional-level accounting experience is required. A master’s degree in a related field and/or CPA certification may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
For the complete job description, please see our website: www.vre.org. Full time position with great benefits. Projected hiring range: $45,276.21 thru $75,159.51, depending upon prior experience and education.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. Background checks are performed on all new employees. No inquiring phone calls will be accepted in response to this ad. Qualified candidates interested in applying should submit by e-mail or mail a professional styled cover letter, resume and three confidential references (to include their address, phone & e-mail) by close of business, December 23, 2019, to:
Human Resources Administrator
1500 King St. Suite 202
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Virginia Railway Express (VRE), a rapidly growing commuter rail operation connecting Washington, DC with Northern Virginia and surrounding counties, is in need of one or two college level Administrative interns with strong writing and communication skills to support our HR, Marketing and Rail Equipment/Operations divisions. This position will be located primarily at our headquarters in Alexandria, VA. This intern will assist in a wide-variety of tasks and activities, to include supporting both print and web-based communication efforts, assistance with employment postings, scanning of documents, processing invoices, answering phones, etc.
- Intern will obtain general knowledge of the operations of a local special-purpose government transit agency in the areas of human resources, communications, rail operations, mechanical, marketing, planning/development, and procurement/contracting
- Intern will obtain specific knowledge and hands-on experience working in the areas of marketing, human resources, rail equipment and operations
- Intern will gain proficiency working with Microsoft Excel by maintaining and updating various spreadsheets
- Intern will gain proficiency working MicroMain by entering/tracking invoices and purchase orders.
- Intern will gain proficiency working on Sharepoint by uploading and organizing documents for various divisions
Scope of Tasks/Marketing:
- Draft static information articles per the RIDE Magazine editorial calendar, as scheduled for the remainder of CY 2019
- Revise webpage copy to provide clear, concise messaging in support of page goal
- Implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques as directed
- Tag photos and graphics on Sharepoint, as well as upload and organize documents
- Complete data entry assignments through Sharepoint
- Organization of marketing closet
Scope of Tasks/Administrative:
- Process payment requests for all mechanical and utilities submissions with the ability to data enter information in several tracking spreadsheet/databases
- Maintenance of filing system for purchase orders and procurement activities
- Data entry/scanning related to job postings, monthly fuel data, etc.
- Pending and completed payment research for vendor inquiries
- Front Desk coverage to assist with walk-in passengers and/or assistance with answering phones as needed to cover during staff shortages and meetings
- Organization/unloading of office supplies
- Assist Operations in compiling/reporting operational data for use company-wide for multiple purposes
- Assist where possible in responding to passenger comments and questions through the GoTrains@vre.org email system
- Assist with coordinating materials for special events, meet the managements, pop-up customer service events, and other activities outside the VRE General offices
- Must be currently enrolled in college and actively working toward achieving a degree or certification, preferably in logistics, transportation, marketing or the business administration program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to accurately organize and maintain proper documents and electronic files
- Ability to establish and follow detailed work procedures
- Ability to conduct online research
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer and related software applications, including automated financial systems, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and to understand professional standards and boundaries
- Have strong initiative and the ability to work independently
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Good judgement and decision making
Salary: $12.25 per hour. This intern is needed year-round, part-time hours when classes are in session and full-time hours during breaks. Individuals only available during school breaks will not be considered. Free transportation on our trains, schedule permitting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates interested in applying should submit a professional styled cover letter and resume (highlighting relevant experience and skills) to:
Human Resources Administrator
1500 King St. Suite 202
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC), a dynamic public transit provider in Woodbridge, Virginia, seeks a detail-oriented individual to perform a variety of professional financial accounting activities including grant accounting, grant billings and reporting, budget functions, fixed asset activities, bank and general ledger account reconciliations, special projects, and other analysis, as required. Work involves independent financial analysis, report development, and advanced use of financial management systems. This position requires excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills, the ability to work independently on multiple assignments simultaneously, and in collaboration with colleagues inside and outside the organization. Extensive computer skills required, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or in a relevant field and at least 3 years of related experience required. Additional years of related experience can substitute for the required education. Local government or transit experience preferred. Hiring range $61,371- $81,623, DOQ. Position is open until filled. Employment subject to background check and fingerprinting. Send cover letter and resume with salary history to PRTC, Attn: Human Resources, 14700 Potomac Mills Road, Woodbridge, VA 22192, fax (703) 583-1377, or email to HR@omniride.com. PRTC is a drug-free workplace. EOE.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of marketing and public relations tasks, usually with defined objectives, priorities, and deadlines. Examples of typical work include: drafting and disseminating customer communications; assisting in the development of marketing, communications and advertising plans; coordinating advertising placement with print and digital media outlets; communication via social media platforms; schedule and bus stop information display production; maintenance of website contents; staffing public outreach events; internal and external event planning. In addition, the Marketing Specialist provides general administrative assistance for the department.
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge of general marketing principles and practices. Knowledge of printing and design practices is desirable. Knowledge about working with print and digital media is desirable. Must be familiar with operating digital camera, video camera, and other electronic equipment used for publicity purposes. Must have a working knowledge of social media platforms. Must demonstrate good organizational concepts, the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, the ability to assist in the development of marketing and communications plans and public relations activities and to work within program objectives, deadlines, and budget limitations. Must be proficient in operating Windows-based computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite and publications software.
Applicants may have any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, design, or related field is preferred.
Typical hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Starting salary $45,276.21 - $60,217.36 depending on experience, plus attractive benefits.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to:
PRTC, ATTN: Human Resources
14700 Potomac Mills Road
Woodbridge, VA 22192
If interested in applying for a crew member position for the VRE, please send your resume to Keolis at the email address below:
To inquire about other positions within Keolis, please visit their website at the link below: